Monday, February 23, 2015

I Brake For Strong Men....

{jane bosi}

Admit it.  Masculine cards are hard.  I struggle, I know others do too.  But I really wanted to use this weight lifter image from Half Sheet 139A.  Smaller images can pose a problem too.  I did what I always do when I'm a bit stuck......I found a sketch that worked perfectly!

For the orange cardstock, I repeatedly stamped the "Enjoy the good life" sentiment from the full sheet, Beach Theme.  Instead of using a watermark ink (like versamark) for a more subtle look, I went with ink the same color as the cardstock for a bolder look.  Afterward, I added a little sponging to the edges for a completed look.

To add to the masculine feel of the card, I added a designer paper and coordinating paper in tones of blue--not necessarily colors I'm drawn too, but I think all together, it works.

A few star sequins and some piercing, complete the whole thing!

So, go ahead.......try a boy card!  Someone in your life needs a paper hug!

Don't forget to be awesome!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment