Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Brake for Wave Watching ...

Hello IBFS fans !!

It's Crystal here and I am dreaming of warmer weather and waves splashing the beach , problem is I don't see either in my near future , lol ,so I guess I will look at my card I made using the Watching Waves image  , inside my card I used the image again stamped in ink the same color as my card stock to give a water mark look and my sentiment is Footprints in the Sand ....

IMG_3588

Today I colored my image using Prisma colored pencils and then blended out my color using paper stumps and baby oil , I love how this technique works , you can do this with any wax based colored pencil , the baby oil make the wax melt and blend out but will not leave your paper oily like you might think .I hope you give it a try. Tip ...cut a small pc of sponge and put in a small covered bowl and squirt the baby oil the sponge to just soak it but not drip , then put the lid on to store , paper stumps and be found in the isle with colored pencils .
below you can see I only colored around the edges here and there where I thought the colored would be darker then blend out the color to a lighter shade with the paper stump and baby oil

IMG_3586
I added wink of Stella in clear to the waves to add a subtle shimmer like water glistening , my gulls are hand cut I added some twine and the netting and my sentiment is a die cut from a ProvoCraft A2 cutting die with 5 different sentiments  , not sure if you can get anymore 
IMG_3589IMG_3590IMG_3591IMG_3594
inside my card
IMG_3593

Thanks for stopping in ,I hope this card has inspired you to get inky with some rubber stamps today ,
for this image and so many more visit the IBFS store  .

Crystal Lopez – Design Team member for IBFS
DT_logo
crystal_lopez_bio_pic

No comments:

Post a Comment